Reference App is a Chrome extension that quickly generates Harvard-style research paper references from Web pages, books, articles, and more.
Writing term papers and dissertations is hard enough without having to get every last reference formatted down to the last underlined period. Reference App is a great Chrome extension that makes this part of paper writing considerably easier. Here’s how to use it:
- Install the Reference App extension here.
- To create a reference for a book or journal article, just click the Reference App icon in the Extension Bar, select Book or Journal, then enter the information required and click Create.
Step 2: Create book reference.
- To create a reference for a Web article, point your browser to the page containing the article, then click the Reference App icon, select Web, then enter the information required, grab the URL, and click Create.
Step 3: Create Web page reference.
- Copy and paste the reference into your paper and move on to the next one.
- That’s it! The extension will disappear if you navigate away from its window, so make sure to follow through once you get started. Other than that minor frustration, Reference App should be a real boon to students and researchers everywhere.
(Via Addictive Tips)
Article source: http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57382095-285/how-to-generate-research-paper-references-in-chrome/
Tags: Create Web, Extension Bar, Reference App, URL