We know you don’t always have time to read up on the latest Android stories every day – we can barely keep up ourselves at times. So, deep in the bowels of the Android Police test labs, we came up with a solution: bringing you all of the last week’s important news in one convenient location. We call it the Android Police Week In Review – and you can also catch most of the news contained here in our weekly podcast (check it out, here).
You’ll notice that this week’s “week” in review stretches back a bit further than a week, and that’s basically because it’s our first one. Future editions will cover seven days. Also, don’t take any of the blurbs about stories too seriously – it’s all in good fun. And feel free to give us feedback on how we can make this feature better.
- Carrier 411
- Rumor Roundup
- Code Google
- The Hotsheet (device news)
- The EVO 4G LTE is here and it has a kickstand, so that’s neat. Also, here’s a video of a lot of men touching it.
- The NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight has been announced, and it’s going to cost money-dollars (140 of them).
- Samsung has introduced a gaggle of new Galaxy things.
- The HTC One S is coming to T-Mobile on April 25th – we think.
- Oh, and the One S has this thing where it chips and looks really ugly, so wrap it before you tap it (against a hard surface).
- The LG Viper 4G for Sprint is up for pre-order, just ignore the whole no-4G-network thing. They’re working on that part.
- Sprint Galaxy Nexus stuff and oh look, some paint is drying over there.
- Toshiba’s 13.3-inch tablet is coming to the US, which is great news for people who like to make penis jokes.
- ASUS’s Transformer Pad 300 is on the way. It’s like the Transformer Prime, but plastic. Like Optimus Prime, right Hasbro?
- ASUS is handing out GPS dongles to Transformer Prime owners, who will presumably find a way to complain about that, too.
- Device Updates:
- Hardware Reviews
- Archos G9 Turbo: this isn’t your grandma’s budget tablet – it’s a turbo.
- LG Lucid: a mid-range handset that won’t make you want to kill yourself.
- Tenqa REMXD: the cheapest Bluetooth headphones… in the world.* (*I don’t actually know if that’s strictly true.)
- ZTE Optik: it’s a cheap Sprint tablet with 3G – and it’s probably a lot better than you think.
- App Updates
- App Roundups
- Developer News
- The Weekend Poll
Article source: http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/04/15/introducing-the-android-police-week-in-review-the-biggest-android-stories-of-the-week-all-in-one-place/
Tags: App Roundups39, Galaxy Note, Max Payne, Radiant Defense, Sprint Galaxy Nexus, Transformer Prime