Posted by Marlon Magtira – Sun. Apr 29, 2012 5:52 am
As their lives get busier, more people are going online to shop for anything from the latest best-seller, to gifts, shoes, clothes and even cars. But it’s not always easy to sift through the myriad of websites online to make the right decision on your next purchase. Here’re 10 Chrome pro tips to help you shave down on time spent clicking needlessly.
1.Keep your wishlist in one place. Can’t decide on what to get? The Wishpot Chrome extension saves a list of all possible purchases in one place. When you finally decide to go with one item, all your other options are saved, so you won’t have to waste time in searching again. Plus you can access it at any time, no matter what website you’re on.
2. Book your preferred flight dates. Need a flight in a hurry, or chanced upon a airline promotion from Cebu Pacific or Philippine Airlines? Use the Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airlines Chrome extensions to find available flights immediately.
3. Compare and buy cars, without leaving home…or even your current webpage. Then Kotsebook.com car directory extension drops down to allow users to buy or sell used vehicles with just a click. With a simple extension in your browser, you can browse through a database of used vehicles. compare two or more cars, and read the latest car reviews to help you make your decision.
4. Turn your browser into a calculator. Need to calculate if the item you’re eyeing is within your budget? Just open a new tab and do quick calculations and conversions.
5. Separate work and personal activities in Chrome. Need to look at an item quickly while taking a break? Use Google Chrome’s multiple logins to stay synced with everything professional and personal, without mixing the two up.
6. Stay on top of eBay deals. Stay updated with the latest deals from eBay with the eBay extension for Chrome. Monitor your bids whenever you’re online with just a click.
7. Get a second opinion. Check if the online shop you’re visiting is favored by other buyers by viewing merchant ratings and reviews with the Shopping buddy extension. The extension also alerts you if the store you’re browsing is offering a discount for purchases made through Google Checkout.
8. Use incognito mode at public terminals. Not at home? When you Chrome in an Internet cafe or a shared computer, play it safe by browsing incognito. With Incognito Mode, pages you view won’t appear in browser history or search history and they won’t leave other traces, like cookies, on the computer after you close the incognito window.
9. Convert currencies right away in the Chrome omnibox. Need to know how much the gadget from Singapore is in Philippine peso? Forget having to checking exchange rates and then busting out a calculator; simply go to the Chrome omnibox and type in ‘convert [AMOUNT] SGD to PHP’ and instantly get the conversion.
10. Track your package online. Bought an item online and wondering where your package is at the moment? Simply type in the UPS, FedEx, or USPS tracking number in the Chrome omnibox and get the delivery report within milliseconds.